Pop-up Networks For Temporary Medical Facilities
SD-WAN Provides Easy-to-Deploy Temporary Networks For Pop-Up COVID Testing, Surge Hospitals And More
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread, temporary medical facilities are springing up all over. From drive-through COVID testing stations and modular triage units to full-fledged pop-up hospitals, these temporary facilities bring medical resources where they’re needed most. They add much-needed surge capacity, allow for safe distancing and segregation of patients, and reduce the strain on existing clinical facilities.
Temporary internet and wi-fi connectivity is a vital component of these satellite medical locations. Pop-up healthcare facilities require networks to transmit testing data, to send and receive medical records and images, for videoconferencing and for other vital communications. These networks have to provide secure and reliable internet service. At the same time, they have to be extremely easy to set up and operate. Temporary medical facilities may be located in parking lots, convention centers, gyms and other makeshift settings – sometimes in rural areas or other out-of-the-way spots. There’s no time to install complex infrastructure, and wired lines are often unavailable. Nor are there likely to be experienced network technicians and administrators on hand. Everything has to be as simple, quick and turnkey as possible.
Exinda SD-WAN provides a complete, rapidly deployable solution that makes it easy to establish emergency networks at pop-up health clinics. Using readily available consumer data lines including cellular, satellite and broadband, Exinda SD-WAN lets you spin up an agile connection that supports high-traffic communications instantly and reliably (and wirelessly where needed), no matter how challenging the location.
A Pop-Up Wifi Network That Supports The Unique Needs of Pop-Up Healthcare
From testing to video collaboration and consultation, pop-up clinics require a stable and secure wi-fi network that healthcare workers can connect to from a variety of devices. Healthcare workers need a way to conduct video calls without worrying about connection issues, lags and drops. They need to be able to send and receive sensitive medical information – in large files and high volumes – rapidly and reliably.
Exinda SD-WAN supports temporary COVID-19 clinics and other facilities with powerful pop-up internet connectivity that eliminates jitter, latency and packet loss while maximizing throughput. It’s automatically optimized for video conferencing and VoIP.
Seamless Connectivity For COVID-19 Testing And Treatment
Setting up your Exinda SD-WAN is fast and easy. We will drop ship the equipment to your testing location or pop-up healthcare center. With our zero-touch deployment, you’ll be up and running in minutes. Installation is designed to be fast and straightforward; anyone can do it, regardless of expertise. Just plug in your lines and turn it on. Exinda does the rest, automatically connecting to the network and optimizing performance.
Exinda uses existing consumer data lines already available in your target areas, including any mix of 4G, 5G, LTE, satellite and broadband. Exinda provides high throughput at low cost by bonding multiple consumer lines to create fast, reliable connections.
Exinda SD-WAN equipment is highly flexible. In addition to its wireline WAN ports, it has two external USB ports for cellular data, allowing you to move the device between locations and easily switch out transports depending on what’s available.
Need to deploy a VPN? Exinda makes it simple. Our SD-WAN creates a bonded IP connection between your pop-up site and the main hospital or data center. This overlay bonded tunnel can carry site-to-site VPN traffic.
You need all the connectivity you can get, but you don’t need complexity. Even now, 30% of enterprise organizations think SD-WANs are still too complicated and require specialized personnel to operate them. With sites that might be up for hours or days, you don’t have that kind of time. Exinda is simple and easy to use – it just works.
Exinda knows how critical it is to have reliable, quality video conferencing without latency, jitter or drops. This is particularly true in COVID-19 healthcare settings, where information is sensitive, details are critical and urgency is paramount. But video and voice applications are also the most vulnerable to WAN disruptions. Exinda ensures you get as little as 0.5% packet loss so it won’t impact the end-user experience.
Exinda makes sure that your network is performing and even your most bandwidth-heavy applications like video calls function flawlessly. It achieves this through a combination of innovative features:
- Broadband Bonding: Exinda automatically aggregates two or more internet WAN lines to create a fast, reliable connection. Exinda SD-WAN monitors metrics like latency, packet loss, jitter and throughput, then makes intelligent per-packet routing decisions to provide greater bandwidth and increased reliability.
- Application Overlay Tunnels with Self-Healing Algorithms: Exinda’s overlay tunnels constantly monitor application-specific network statistics. Advanced QoS algorithms use this information to make proactive forwarding decisions on a per-packet basis. Exinda can also react quickly when a link stops performing, steering traffic around the problem. Exinda’s unique VoIP Armor and Video Armor provide pre-configured, optimized tunnels specifically for these bandwidth-sensitive applications.
- Dynamic Traffic Shaping And Bandwidth Reservation: Exinda uses adaptive QoS algorithms to manage your WAN links efficiently. You’ll never have to worry about important calls dropping or file transfers slowing down your entire network. Our algorithms prioritize your critical applications, guaranteeing bandwidth for specific types of traffic like VoIP or video conferencing.
- Advanced Path Conditioning: With Exinda, network traffic continues to operate smoothly even when WAN links experience high packet loss. Packet-level Forward Error Correction (FEC) preserves the integrity of your connection, identifying missing packets and reconstructing them in real time. Packet Order Correction (POC) resequences packets arriving out of order, which minimizes latency, even with high-volume, high-throughput usage.
- Sub-Second Failover: Your network can handle whatever you need it for, thanks to Exinda’s smart monitoring system. Exinda monitors paths and dynamically blacklists, whitelists and even greylists them on a per-flow basis. In the event of a line outage, Exinda recognizes it immediately and fails over to the next best line(s) in milliseconds. The result: a seamless connection with no drops.
These features make even the toughest, most demanding workloads seamless. With Exinda, it’s easy to transport large medical files back and forth or video conference with available bandwidth.
Benefits Of Exinda SD-WAN In Pop-Up COVID-19 Sites
With Exinda SD-WAN, pop-up COVID-19 clinics and other temporary medical facilities can:
- Spin up a network quickly: Establish high-quality connectivity instantly, so you can spend your time focusing on patients.
- Transport networks between sites easily: In a rapidly evolving environment, Exinda SD-WAN allows you to move your device between locations and switch out transports quickly, using flexible USB ports. You have the option to select from 3G/4G/5G/LTE or satellite connections. Avoid downtime and eliminate network worries, even if you have to change locations frequently.
- Create a high-quality connection using existing data lines: Exinda SD-WAN bonds together nearly any type of available line to create a high performance, reliable network. This is particularly crucial in rural areas, where a cellular data connection may be all that’s available. No matter your location, our technology is highly efficient and delivers an excellent value.
Ready To Improve Emergency Medical Communications And Quickly Set Up New Sites?
SD-WAN offers greater reliability, flexibility and bandwidth, making it ideal for temporary wifi networks for COVID-19 testing sites and other pop-up medical facilities. Ready to see how SD-WAN can give you the tools you need for today’s evolving healthcare needs?
Consult with one of our network experts today and see Exinda in action. Get a demo now.
You Deserve A Better Network
Boost your network performance with Exinda. We promise you won’t look back.